Set in the centre of Beckenham, Kent, St. George's is a busy community Church that not only has historic buildings, but also a strong liturgucal tradition.
St George's is:
- a church which stands in the heart of a lively community as it has done for centuries
- a church whose worship, music and liturgy seeks to be the very best that we can offer, within a healthy, evolving 21st Century liturgy
- a church which warmly welcomes all who seek to find a home there
- a church to which all may feel that they belong, and in which they feel that what they have to offer in terms of worship and service is valued
- a church whose clergy and lay people go out to witness to the love of God and the claims of the Gospel
- a church prepared to take risks in its search to provide an identifiable, visible, Christian presence in an increasingly secular environment
- a church to which those of all ages come to experience the Christian faith and to encounter the living God.