St George's is very fortunate to have a fine pipe organ which contributes to our worship in services and concerts.
The original instrument was built in 1887 by Forster and Andrews and has undergone several overhauls and upgrades since then. In 1984 under the auspices of Nigel Groome (our former Director of Music), Kenneth James rebuilt and extended the instrument adding a fourth manual amongst other major tonal revisions.
The instrument has 57 speaking stops and is much in demand for recitals and recordings.
A full specification and photographs can be found on the National Pipe Organ Register (NPOR) site here